Monday, January 9, 2012

Conductor

Another idea is Conductor, conducting the wrong music. Same as the wrong written speech, only with character.
Here's my video footage. Click here.
A little too long, a little less expressive than I need. OK, let's find extremes and create a "cheat sheet" with them.























Because this is complicated shot, with lots of small movements, it's hard to see what's going on simply by looking at the snapshots. So we need to put it together, using any of the editing software: Windows Movie Maker, Premiere, After Effects, Ulead Studio, iMovie. I'll use Windows Movie Maker.
After playing with lengths of the snapshots, removing some of them to make movements clearer and shot shorter, here is the result: click here
But frankly, I'm not satisfied with the video. Lots of details are lost and the movement is not that clear. So I think I will need the help of the Breakdowns. So I'll do another pass with selecting snapshots, this time selecting Extremes and Breakdowns. Again, after playing with the lengths of the snapshots, removing parts of the shot to make movements simpler and the shot shorter (we need 150-ish frames, about 6-7 seconds),
I ended up with this "blocking": click here
As you see, I added the ending, which I cut off from my first blocking.
Now I can start real blocking of the shot in Maya, using CG character. I begin to feel better about the shot, having set main movements, body language, Extremes and Breakdowns. Now I will need to exaggerate some movements, simplify them and make sure the face is much more expressive, than in the Video Ref.

No comments:

Post a Comment